Massachusetts Flood InsuranceThe damage caused to a home from water can be devastating; and in most cases, water damage is not covered by homeowners insurance. Flood and other water-related damage is a common exclusion in almost every home insurance policy. What if your home had significant water damage and you did not have flood insurance?
Here are some facts to help you better understand how flood/water damage can affect you, and steps you can take to protect your property:
One definition of flood is “normally dry areas which have temporarily been covered in whole or in part by overflowing inland or tidal waters, rapid run off of surface waters (such as heavy rains), mud flows or slides, or waters present due to the collapse of shores."
Whether you live near a body of water or not, every home lies in a flood zone and has the risk of experiencing a flood. Many flood related claims are miles from the nearest body of water. Floods can be triggered by heavy rains, hurricanes, melting snow, and water backup – often from overloaded drainage systems, or dam failure.
While flood damage is not covered by homeowners insurance, you can protect yourself with the purchase of a flood insurance policy from the government administered National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Flood policies are sold by independent insurance agents, while the rates are set by the NFIP.
If your community participates in the NFIP, you can buy flood insurance regardless of where your property is located, whether it is in a high or low flood risk area.
Flood insurance can be purchased for your building and contents. Newly issued flood policies have a 30-day waiting period, so don't delay and wait for the next storm before deciding to purchase a policy.
We would be happy to provide you with additional information and let you know what flood zone your property is located in. The destruction water can cause to your property is incredible – let us help you protect your home.
Do Not Add to your AnguishYou have never seen rain like that in your neighborhood. Trees—thick trees—toppled on top of houses; stinking, filthy floodwater outside up to your ankles; rancid sewer water inside turning your stuff into sodden, wretched, worthless junk.
Three things: It happened so fast. This area had never been flooded before, ever. And three, you have no flood insurance.
However, your first thought among thousands, is what to do with your children?
Enormous LossDo not let yourself ever be placed in this position. Starting with a home displacement for an indefinite period of time to the enormous replacement costs, you have too much to lose.
In fact, loss due to flooding can be very expensive. A rule of thumb is that each inch of flooding will cost the unprotected over $7,000. The last thing you need are worries on how to pay for the flood damage. You do not want to add the anguish you already feel.
Contact Philbin Insurance Group and receive a thorough education on how flood insurance works in Massachusetts. We will review what it covers (appliances and items inside the home) and what it does not (decks and items outside the home).
Philbin Insurance Group Your
Massachusetts Flood insurance protection is meaningless after a flood. Plus, every flood insurance policy carries a 30 day waiting period before it can take effect. So act now!
Massachusetts Flood Insurance Expert
At Philbin Insurance Group we have insured the residents and business of Massachusetts from unpredictable flooding since 1988. It is one of the specialties of our agency. We will make sure we share all of our knowledge with you.
When you can minimize risk from flooding for such a small cost, you have to do it. You have to protect your family and your assets. Complete the Protection Savings Form today for a free quote. The flood insurance veterans at Philbin Insurance Group will forever ease your fears of flooding.
Is your house in a flood zone? This tool can help answer that question.
- "I'm very pleased with my policy with Philbin Insurance Group. I recommend you to all my friends and family. I think you're the best auto and home insurance company in today's market. Your agents are personable and professional. Thank you so very much!"
— Kim S., Medford
- "We have been with Philbin for years. The service has always been great! All the agents have been friendly and more importantly competent! We would not change."
— Lori C., Stoneham
- "You are the best! Thanks for all of your team's time in getting me countless quotes. I am confident that I have the right information and therefore am able to make better decisions. I'll be trying the online quotes to try and save even more time!"
— Leo Z., N. Reading
- "I have been a part of the Philbin family for over 10 years and my parents have been with them even longer. Always quick to respond, friendly and you know they will do anything to help you and their agents are so easy to talk to, like talking to a friend."
— Ashley J., Woburn
- "Philbin insurance has helped me & my family with genuine concern for us in our times of needing insurance information & help assessing all of our policies. We live in Weymouth & plan on using Philbin for many years to come. Thank you for your quick & courteous responses over the years."
- "I have done business with Philbin Insurance for many years, and have been completely satisfied with all and every transaction. Thank you."
— Anna R. , Everett
- "I have been a customer of Philbin's for many years and have always found their service to be very professional. When ever I have a question I have always received a prompt answer."
— Tim C., Methuen
- "I have had my car and home insurance with Philbin Insurance for numerous years. Over the years I have had to call on occasion for help with insurance matters and received prompt, courteous and knowledgeable assosiates to assist me, I have recommended your services in the past and will continue to do so. Thanks for the many years of quality service."
— Katherine G., Medford
- "Philbin Insurance is a family run business with whom I've done business with for over 40 years. They have provided me and my family with the most professional interactions, responsive to any inquiries that I may have regarding home and car insurance, and have provided me with the most cost effective insurance policies available. Thanks and kudos to the Philbin family."
— Gus M., Reading
- "I have been a customer of Philbin Insurance Group for many years and have found them to be extremely professional and helpful. My claims have been awarded in a supportive and timely manner. I appreciate their polite and friendly service."
— Mary C., Swampscott
- "I have my insurance with Philbin Insurance Agency and I have to say they are number 1 when it comes to customer service. You always get to speak with your representative, and they always provide you with the answers you need and the best insurance rates to suit your needs. I will always continue to use Philbin Insurance agency and couldn't be happier with my choice. Thank you Philbin."
— Sarah G., Methuen
- "I've been a customer of Philbin Insurance Group since I first moved to Massachusetts four years ago, and I've only had good experiences with their agents. From finding me a better deal to being extremely prompt in helping me take care of issues, their customer service is top-notch."
— Christina V., Saugus
- "Been with you for years. (House & Cars) Love Nancy in the Lynnfield office!"
— Tracy C., Peabody
Contact Us for More Information about our Special Offers!