"What College Graduates Need to Know about Insurance"Congratulations! Graduating college is a significant milestone in your life. One that will bring on many new and exciting life changes involving work, money, living space and possessions.
As you seek out new ventures, one thing you'll need is insurance. And one thing you'll want is good insurance, reasonably priced from a knowledgeable advisor.
There are four types of insurance you'll want to consider after college graduation:
Auto InsuranceIn college, you were probably on your parent's auto policy. That's because their policy covered resident relatives. However, when you move out and/or get title to a vehicle, you're no longer covered on their auto policy.
Another reality is that your auto insurance needs are different than your parents. For example, they might be financially able to have a large deductible on their policy. But that might not be best for you right now.
Now is the time to call Philbin Insurance Group. Because we represent a wide variety of insurance companies, you'll have many options to choose from.
Also, auto insurers offer discounts. You can bet we'll hunt every one of them down for you.
Options and Discounts. Philbin Insurance Group will present all of them to you. We'll make sure you get the best auto policy coverage value for the least amount of money.
Renter's InsurancePicture this. You finally get your own place. You move out of the family home (Not just for the school year. This time it's permanent). You can't believe how much stuff you've accumulated:
- Laptop or PC
- DVD Player
- IPod and other music players
- Cell Phone
- Game systems
- Bedroom set and other furniture
- Microwave and other kitchen appliances
- Watch / Jewelry
(You might not think they're worth much but they are—especially when you think of how much it would cost to replace them.)
A couple of friends help you move to your new garden apartment. Great!
You're moved in, you've managed to save a couple of bucks and it's two weeks before you start work. So, you take a short trip with some friends to Cancun. You have a blast and return home on a Saturday night.
You're still smiling at the memories of the trip as you walk up the stairs. Maybe you're even chuckling as you put the key in the door and open it.
Then you stop laughing. You stop smiling. You mouth goes ajar and you can't believe your eyes.
Your place has been trashed. Everything you had is gone—your laptop, DVD player, game system. Everything.
That's a bad enough feeling. And it happens. But eventually you realize all of your things are replaceable. Or are they?
Did you have renter's insurance?
Renters Insurance covers your belongings (clothing, books, CDs, furniture - everything) not only in your apartment but in your locked car and anywhere else you take them. It protects your things against fire and other occurrences beyond your control—including vandalism and theft.
If you thought about it at all, you may have thought insurance was the responsibility of the landlord. It's not. The landlord's policy covers the building only. It's a renter's policy that will help pay for the replacement of all your personal items.
It will also pay for an attorney and protect you in case someone gets injured while in your apartment and/or you get sued if damage caused by you impacts neighboring apartments.
Philbin Insurance Group will give you peace of mind about your belongings and your liability. We'll help you sort it all out. As with auto insurance, we're big on discounts. We'll make sure you get them.
Health InsuranceLet's say before starting your job you decide to take a month and backpack across Europe. You're in Paris when you begin feeling a pain in the lower right side of your abdomen that will not go away with an Alka Seltzer.
The pain gets worse. You finally get medical help. You discover you have appendicitis and need your appendix removed.
Wait a minute.
Do you even have health insurance?
Remember, as a full time student you can usually stay on your parent's health coverage until somewhere between the ages of 22 to 25. So, check on what age you're no longer covered on their policy.
With the new health care bill passed earlier this year 2010, new federal regulation is that children can stay on their parents policy until age 26. The deadline for plans to make that change is Sept this year so we probably want to update this.
However, after you leave school and your home, you're responsible for insuring your health. Being without health insurance makes you vulnerable. Very vulnerable.
Discuss this important life decision with us. We can help you find the best health plan, with the best value for this time in your life. We're experts in the all of the different options in the ever changing world of health care.
One Insurance SourceWhen you make the transition from college to "real-life," everything changes.
Now you're responsible for protecting yourself and your family....
Your choices are difficult and you need an expert on your side. Don't fool yourself and pretend you know insurance. It can be complicated business. Plus, your needs can constantly change as your life changes.
Work with someone who specializes in College Graduates. Contact us at Philbin Insurance Group today.
The saddest words this agent ever hears are "I knew I should have done something." All you need to do is one simple thing... contact us.
We're your one stop insurance shop. We'll do all the work for you. Complete the protection analysis form today, or call us now 617-389-9400.
- "I'm very pleased with my policy with Philbin Insurance Group. I recommend you to all my friends and family. I think you're the best auto and home insurance company in today's market. Your agents are personable and professional. Thank you so very much!"
— Kim S., Medford
- "We have been with Philbin for years. The service has always been great! All the agents have been friendly and more importantly competent! We would not change."
— Lori C., Stoneham
- "You are the best! Thanks for all of your team's time in getting me countless quotes. I am confident that I have the right information and therefore am able to make better decisions. I'll be trying the online quotes to try and save even more time!"
— Leo Z., N. Reading
- "I have been a part of the Philbin family for over 10 years and my parents have been with them even longer. Always quick to respond, friendly and you know they will do anything to help you and their agents are so easy to talk to, like talking to a friend."
— Ashley J., Woburn
- "Philbin insurance has helped me & my family with genuine concern for us in our times of needing insurance information & help assessing all of our policies. We live in Weymouth & plan on using Philbin for many years to come. Thank you for your quick & courteous responses over the years."
- "I have done business with Philbin Insurance for many years, and have been completely satisfied with all and every transaction. Thank you."
— Anna R. , Everett
- "I have been a customer of Philbin's for many years and have always found their service to be very professional. When ever I have a question I have always received a prompt answer."
— Tim C., Methuen
- "I have had my car and home insurance with Philbin Insurance for numerous years. Over the years I have had to call on occasion for help with insurance matters and received prompt, courteous and knowledgeable assosiates to assist me, I have recommended your services in the past and will continue to do so. Thanks for the many years of quality service."
— Katherine G., Medford
- "Philbin Insurance is a family run business with whom I've done business with for over 40 years. They have provided me and my family with the most professional interactions, responsive to any inquiries that I may have regarding home and car insurance, and have provided me with the most cost effective insurance policies available. Thanks and kudos to the Philbin family."
— Gus M., Reading
- "I have been a customer of Philbin Insurance Group for many years and have found them to be extremely professional and helpful. My claims have been awarded in a supportive and timely manner. I appreciate their polite and friendly service."
— Mary C., Swampscott
- "I have my insurance with Philbin Insurance Agency and I have to say they are number 1 when it comes to customer service. You always get to speak with your representative, and they always provide you with the answers you need and the best insurance rates to suit your needs. I will always continue to use Philbin Insurance agency and couldn't be happier with my choice. Thank you Philbin."
— Sarah G., Methuen
- "I've been a customer of Philbin Insurance Group since I first moved to Massachusetts four years ago, and I've only had good experiences with their agents. From finding me a better deal to being extremely prompt in helping me take care of issues, their customer service is top-notch."
— Christina V., Saugus
- "Been with you for years. (House & Cars) Love Nancy in the Lynnfield office!"
— Tracy C., Peabody
Contact Us for More Information about our Special Offers!