Auto InsuranceAutomobile insurance is designed to help provide financial protection from auto-related damages, loss, or injuries. It is there to protect you, your passengers, other drivers and pedestrians. In addition, it can protect against financial loss in the event of an accident to your car, as well as the property of others. It can provide financial reimbursement if your car is vandalized, damaged by fire, or stolen. Driving without automobile insurance is illegal in almost all states.
Vehicle Safety Test - Find out how safe your vehicle is.
Kelly Blue Book - Find out how much your vehicle is worth.
Having sufficient auto insurance coverage is a social responsibility. Driving without insurance, or the ability to pay for any damages you may cause, puts others at financial risk. A basic auto insurance policy contains six types of coverage.
- Bodily injury liability- Liability coverage is for the damage you do to others. This coverage is expressed as three numbers, for example 100/300/100, which means $100,000 in bodily injury coverage per person, $300,000 in bodily injury coverage per accident and $100,000 in property-damage coverage per accident. This coverage is also designed to pay for your legal bills if you cause an accident. Because this coverage pays for damage you do to others, states require certain minimum levels of coverage. Bodily injury liability covers medical bills and lost wages to others if you are the cause of an accident.
- Property damage liability– This coverage pays for repairs or to replace property that you destroy, for example someone else's car, or if you run into their fence or wall. This coverage can also pay for "pain and suffering" damages if you are sued after a car accident.
- Collision - Collision coverage pays to repair your own vehicle in the event of an accident. In the event of significant damage, your car might be considered "totaled". This is the case when the repair costs exceed a certain threshold of the car's value, such as 70 percent. At that point, the insurance company will generally pay to tow away the car to a salvage yard and pay you the actual cash value.
- Medical payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) - Medical payments coverage pays for the medical expenses suffered by you and your passengers as the result of an accident. Coverage also extends to you when you are driving someone else's car or if you are injured when a car hits you. The policy pays regardless of who caused the accident. Personal Injury Protection coverage pays for medical expenses and lost wages for you and your passengers who are injured in an accident. It also covers funeral costs. If you have good health insurance and disability insurance, you might decide not to purchase this coverage as it may duplicate coverage you already have.
- Comprehensive - This coverage pays for damage to your car that is not the result of an accident. This includes things such as fire, vandalism, theft, natural disasters, and collisions with animals (such as hitting a deer).
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorists coverage (UM/UIM) - Uninsured motorists (UM) coverage pays for your medical bills if an uninsured driver hits your car or if you're a victim of a hit-and-run. Underinsured motorists (UIM) coverage comes into play when someone causes an accident but doesn't have enough insurance to cover all medical bills. In that case, the at-fault person's insurance pays up to its maximum and then your UIM coverage pays for the remaining bills, up to your policy limit.
Other Types of Coverage for ConsiderationRental reimbursement– This protection can pay for a rental car when your vehicle is damaged or stolen.
Towing and labor coverage– This coverage can pay for the cost of towing or labor associated with road breakdowns.
Gap coverage– This coverage is for newer vehicles and pays the difference between the actual cash value of the vehicle and the amount left on your car loan if your vehicle is totaled.
Contact us today for more information about automobile insurance. We are here to answer all of your questions – and to provide the necessary information and guidance for you to make informed decisions about buying insurance.
- "I'm very pleased with my policy with Philbin Insurance Group. I recommend you to all my friends and family. I think you're the best auto and home insurance company in today's market. Your agents are personable and professional. Thank you so very much!"
— Kim S., Medford
- "We have been with Philbin for years. The service has always been great! All the agents have been friendly and more importantly competent! We would not change."
— Lori C., Stoneham
- "You are the best! Thanks for all of your team's time in getting me countless quotes. I am confident that I have the right information and therefore am able to make better decisions. I'll be trying the online quotes to try and save even more time!"
— Leo Z., N. Reading
- "I have been a part of the Philbin family for over 10 years and my parents have been with them even longer. Always quick to respond, friendly and you know they will do anything to help you and their agents are so easy to talk to, like talking to a friend."
— Ashley J., Woburn
- "Philbin insurance has helped me & my family with genuine concern for us in our times of needing insurance information & help assessing all of our policies. We live in Weymouth & plan on using Philbin for many years to come. Thank you for your quick & courteous responses over the years."
- "I have done business with Philbin Insurance for many years, and have been completely satisfied with all and every transaction. Thank you."
— Anna R. , Everett
- "I have been a customer of Philbin's for many years and have always found their service to be very professional. When ever I have a question I have always received a prompt answer."
— Tim C., Methuen
- "I have had my car and home insurance with Philbin Insurance for numerous years. Over the years I have had to call on occasion for help with insurance matters and received prompt, courteous and knowledgeable assosiates to assist me, I have recommended your services in the past and will continue to do so. Thanks for the many years of quality service."
— Katherine G., Medford
- "Philbin Insurance is a family run business with whom I've done business with for over 40 years. They have provided me and my family with the most professional interactions, responsive to any inquiries that I may have regarding home and car insurance, and have provided me with the most cost effective insurance policies available. Thanks and kudos to the Philbin family."
— Gus M., Reading
- "I have been a customer of Philbin Insurance Group for many years and have found them to be extremely professional and helpful. My claims have been awarded in a supportive and timely manner. I appreciate their polite and friendly service."
— Mary C., Swampscott
- "I have my insurance with Philbin Insurance Agency and I have to say they are number 1 when it comes to customer service. You always get to speak with your representative, and they always provide you with the answers you need and the best insurance rates to suit your needs. I will always continue to use Philbin Insurance agency and couldn't be happier with my choice. Thank you Philbin."
— Sarah G., Methuen
- "I've been a customer of Philbin Insurance Group since I first moved to Massachusetts four years ago, and I've only had good experiences with their agents. From finding me a better deal to being extremely prompt in helping me take care of issues, their customer service is top-notch."
— Christina V., Saugus
- "Been with you for years. (House & Cars) Love Nancy in the Lynnfield office!"
— Tracy C., Peabody
Contact Us for More Information about our Special Offers!