Massachusetts Umbrella InsuranceWe are a litigious society – there are more and more lawsuits filed every year. In record numbers, people are awarded larger judgments than ever before. Are your insurance liability limits sufficient to protect your assets and future earnings in the event of a lawsuit? We highly recommend looking into a Personal Excess Liability (Umbrella) policy. This type of policy is an extra layer of liability coverage above and beyond your automobile, homeowners, motorcycle, or boat policy. Should you be liable for someone's injuries or damages, and your primary policy's limit runs out, an umbrella can offer additional protection, often a million dollars or more of protection.
Certain exposures, such as swimming pools, trampolines, or inexperienced drivers make a very compelling case to add an umbrella policy. This coverage can often be added for a very reasonable price.
While it seems ridiculous, here is an example of financial exposure -
A group of high school students were partying one night when they decided to jump the neighbors fence and use their swimming pool. One of the boys dove into the pool while impaired by alcohol and broke his neck. Although the owners of the pool were not present, their homeowners' policy paid the limit of $250,000, and their umbrella paid a full $1 million settlement.
By purchasing an umbrella policy, the pool owners were able to avoid financial ruin. Anytime an injury occurs on your property, you could be held liable.
They Want More Because You Have MoreIn our society, three things work against you:
- It cost nothing to initiate a lawsuit
- Juries and judges are unpredictable
- Defending yourself costs enormous sums of money
One other factor also comes into play. They want more because you have it.
A long time ago, you decided to arrive. You worked hard and got there. As you did, you accumulated possessions. Not an ostentatious amount, but enough to make you and your loved ones comfortable.
You are proud of these accomplishments. In fact, you have protected them with the best insurance you could.
Now you need extra protection, an umbrella insurance policy.
What are your limits on your auto and home liability policies? $300,000? $500,000?
It's not enough.
You get into an auto accident; someone falls into your pool; whatever the fluke occurrence—you can be sued. What if you are sued and the award goes to the plaintiff? Okay, you say, the insurance will cover it. But what if the amount is over the policy limits? (That happens, especially if you have nice things.)
How will you pay the judgment? How will you even defend yourself in such a lawsuit? Can you actually lose all you have strived for?
You bet you can.
You need protection that will rev up after the other policy limits are exhausted. You need Massachusetts umbrella insurance protection.
Contact us 617-389-9400, a seasoned insurance professional at Philbin Insurance Group, in Massachusetts. Discover how a small cost provides you with gigantic protection.
Philbin Insurance GroupAt Philbin Insurance Group we have provided umbrella protection for people in Massachusetts since 1988. We know how to protect your assets. Now you will too! Complete the Protection Savings Form today for a free, no obligation umbrella protection quote. Don't spend another sleepless night riddled with anxiety about losing all you have. Take out an umbrella!
- "I'm very pleased with my policy with Philbin Insurance Group. I recommend you to all my friends and family. I think you're the best auto and home insurance company in today's market. Your agents are personable and professional. Thank you so very much!"
— Kim S., Medford
- "We have been with Philbin for years. The service has always been great! All the agents have been friendly and more importantly competent! We would not change."
— Lori C., Stoneham
- "You are the best! Thanks for all of your team's time in getting me countless quotes. I am confident that I have the right information and therefore am able to make better decisions. I'll be trying the online quotes to try and save even more time!"
— Leo Z., N. Reading
- "I have been a part of the Philbin family for over 10 years and my parents have been with them even longer. Always quick to respond, friendly and you know they will do anything to help you and their agents are so easy to talk to, like talking to a friend."
— Ashley J., Woburn
- "Philbin insurance has helped me & my family with genuine concern for us in our times of needing insurance information & help assessing all of our policies. We live in Weymouth & plan on using Philbin for many years to come. Thank you for your quick & courteous responses over the years."
- "I have done business with Philbin Insurance for many years, and have been completely satisfied with all and every transaction. Thank you."
— Anna R. , Everett
- "I have been a customer of Philbin's for many years and have always found their service to be very professional. When ever I have a question I have always received a prompt answer."
— Tim C., Methuen
- "I have had my car and home insurance with Philbin Insurance for numerous years. Over the years I have had to call on occasion for help with insurance matters and received prompt, courteous and knowledgeable assosiates to assist me, I have recommended your services in the past and will continue to do so. Thanks for the many years of quality service."
— Katherine G., Medford
- "Philbin Insurance is a family run business with whom I've done business with for over 40 years. They have provided me and my family with the most professional interactions, responsive to any inquiries that I may have regarding home and car insurance, and have provided me with the most cost effective insurance policies available. Thanks and kudos to the Philbin family."
— Gus M., Reading
- "I have been a customer of Philbin Insurance Group for many years and have found them to be extremely professional and helpful. My claims have been awarded in a supportive and timely manner. I appreciate their polite and friendly service."
— Mary C., Swampscott
- "I have my insurance with Philbin Insurance Agency and I have to say they are number 1 when it comes to customer service. You always get to speak with your representative, and they always provide you with the answers you need and the best insurance rates to suit your needs. I will always continue to use Philbin Insurance agency and couldn't be happier with my choice. Thank you Philbin."
— Sarah G., Methuen
- "I've been a customer of Philbin Insurance Group since I first moved to Massachusetts four years ago, and I've only had good experiences with their agents. From finding me a better deal to being extremely prompt in helping me take care of issues, their customer service is top-notch."
— Christina V., Saugus
- "Been with you for years. (House & Cars) Love Nancy in the Lynnfield office!"
— Tracy C., Peabody
Contact Us for More Information about our Special Offers!