Massachusetts Renters InsuranceRenters insurance is designed to protect you against damage or loss of personal property when you rent an apartment, condo, or home. Your landlord may have coverage to protect the actual structure in which you live, but that insurance does not cover your personal belongings. Also, you need to make sure your liability is protected as well.
You can be sued, even as a renter, and whether or not they win, fighting that suit could cause you financial hardship. We offer many options for renters insurance with various coverage options.
To help you track your home and contents, we encourage you to log into www.knowyourstuff.org.
Do you need renter's insurance?Thought you were covered by your landlord's insurance? Think again. You'll need renter's insurance to protect your belongings from perils like theft, vandalism, fire, and falling objects the minute you begin renting. According to recent estimates, nearly two-thirds of the 81 million people who rent their homes are uninsured for their contents or for any liability arising out of their tenancy. Don't be a statistic – get covered today!
Massachusetts Renters insurance assures you that you're protected against the damage or loss of personal property when you rent an apartment or house. Your landlord may have insurance that protects the physical building in which you reside, but this insurance will not cover your personal property. In fact, it's not at all uncommon for landlords to require the purchase of renters insurance prior to renting or leasing.
Not only will Massachusetts renters insurance protect your personal items, it will also give you help with temporary housing and liability protection for people on your property. Massachusetts Renters insurance can help protect you in case of a liability lawsuit against you. This could occur in a situation where you are held responsible for:
- Injury to another person
- Damage to another person's property(whether the incident occurred within your rented residence or elsewhere)
What's covered in Massachusetts Renters Insurance?Think of the costs associated with having to replace everything you own. What if you came home tomorrow and your apartment had burned down? Where would you go? How would you pay to replace your clothing, furniture, and appliances? When you ask yourself what renters insurance covers, you can say yes to all of the above.
Renters insurance can cover virtually all of your personal possessions. Most policies provide coverage for electronic goods and equipment, small appliances, sports equipment, cameras and photography equipment, furniture, clothing, glassware and china, and books. Items such as computers, jewelry, furs, watercraft, and firearms can also be covered with extended protection. Your renters insurance policy will include:
- Personal property protection
- Family liability protection
- Guest medical protection
- Additional living expenses
- Additional protection
Get a Massachusetts Renters Insurance Quote Today!A 2006 poll conducted by the Insurance Research Council found that only 43% of renters nationwide had insurance - don't be left in the dark without coverage. To tailor a renters insurance policy that's right for you today, fill out the quick and easy Protection Savings Form below right now. An Philbin Insurance Group expert will provide you with the best possible quote in no time.
- "I'm very pleased with my policy with Philbin Insurance Group. I recommend you to all my friends and family. I think you're the best auto and home insurance company in today's market. Your agents are personable and professional. Thank you so very much!"
— Kim S., Medford
- "We have been with Philbin for years. The service has always been great! All the agents have been friendly and more importantly competent! We would not change."
— Lori C., Stoneham
- "You are the best! Thanks for all of your team's time in getting me countless quotes. I am confident that I have the right information and therefore am able to make better decisions. I'll be trying the online quotes to try and save even more time!"
— Leo Z., N. Reading
- "I have been a part of the Philbin family for over 10 years and my parents have been with them even longer. Always quick to respond, friendly and you know they will do anything to help you and their agents are so easy to talk to, like talking to a friend."
— Ashley J., Woburn
- "Philbin insurance has helped me & my family with genuine concern for us in our times of needing insurance information & help assessing all of our policies. We live in Weymouth & plan on using Philbin for many years to come. Thank you for your quick & courteous responses over the years."
- "I have done business with Philbin Insurance for many years, and have been completely satisfied with all and every transaction. Thank you."
— Anna R. , Everett
- "I have been a customer of Philbin's for many years and have always found their service to be very professional. When ever I have a question I have always received a prompt answer."
— Tim C., Methuen
- "I have had my car and home insurance with Philbin Insurance for numerous years. Over the years I have had to call on occasion for help with insurance matters and received prompt, courteous and knowledgeable assosiates to assist me, I have recommended your services in the past and will continue to do so. Thanks for the many years of quality service."
— Katherine G., Medford
- "Philbin Insurance is a family run business with whom I've done business with for over 40 years. They have provided me and my family with the most professional interactions, responsive to any inquiries that I may have regarding home and car insurance, and have provided me with the most cost effective insurance policies available. Thanks and kudos to the Philbin family."
— Gus M., Reading
- "I have been a customer of Philbin Insurance Group for many years and have found them to be extremely professional and helpful. My claims have been awarded in a supportive and timely manner. I appreciate their polite and friendly service."
— Mary C., Swampscott
- "I have my insurance with Philbin Insurance Agency and I have to say they are number 1 when it comes to customer service. You always get to speak with your representative, and they always provide you with the answers you need and the best insurance rates to suit your needs. I will always continue to use Philbin Insurance agency and couldn't be happier with my choice. Thank you Philbin."
— Sarah G., Methuen
- "I've been a customer of Philbin Insurance Group since I first moved to Massachusetts four years ago, and I've only had good experiences with their agents. From finding me a better deal to being extremely prompt in helping me take care of issues, their customer service is top-notch."
— Christina V., Saugus
- "Been with you for years. (House & Cars) Love Nancy in the Lynnfield office!"
— Tracy C., Peabody
Contact Us for More Information about our Special Offers!