Fitness InsuranceYou may not exactly think about those customers running on the treadmills as potential victims of a heart attack, yet it can happen. Even though cardiovascular activity does have its proven benefits, there are some rare cases where such activity can lead to cardiac arrest.
That was exactly the case at a fitness gym a few years ago. A gym member was running on one of the facility's treadmills when he suffered a heart attack. The staff members and paramedics were unsuccessful in their attempts to resuscitate him. The man's family then proceeded to take legal action against the gym. They made claims that the staff did not provide CPR and the gym's defibrillator was ineffective due to dead batteries. While some of the charges were thrown out by the court, the fitness gym was still required to pay a settlement to the family.
The focus of health clubs, fitness centers and gyms is to help people stay healthy and strong. If you own and operate a health and fitness facility, you are well aware that sometimes things are bound to go wrong when people are practicing intense physical activity. It is only a matter of time before someone pulls a hamstring while under the instruction of one of your hired trainers or is injured using your gym's equipment. You could be held liable even if a child is injured while in your daycare facility.
Any one of these incidents will leave you wide open to lawsuits and claims of liability. However, with a health & fitness business insurance policy from Philbin Insurance Group, you and your center will be well protected.
Unique Risks That Fitness and Health Centers FaceOf course there are certain types of risks that every business owner will have to face. However, when you run a health and fitness center, there are also a number of unique risks of which you must be aware and against which you must have protection.
Even with the waivers that you have your patrons sign, your fitness center is at risk if an injury takes place on your premises. Even though you keep your equipment in proper working order as it should be, you will be held accountable if a member is injured by faulty equipment.
The agents at Philbin Insurance Group have extensive experience in the fitness industry and have an understanding of all of the risks that you face on a daily basis. You can rest assured that you will be fitted with a fitness insurance policy that will address all of your concerns and meet all of your coverage needs.
What Is Covered By Gym InsuranceHealth & fitness business insurance is a unique mix of coverage that is relevant to the industry. The specific types of coverage and the levels that you require for your particular facility depend on a number of different factors, such as the services that you offer, the number of workers you employ and the size of your facility.
Typically, a fitness insurance policy will be made up of several types of coverage, such as:
- Liability Insurance – The liability insurance for your gym will need to include a number of liability categories to address the risks that you face, which should include:
- General Liability – Coverage for property damage and bodily injury for which you fitness center is responsible.
- Professional Liability – Coverage for risks associated with errors and omissions of your staff; for instance, if a client becomes injured after following a workout regime that was recommended by a member of your staff.
- Product Liability – Coverage for risks associated with products that you sell or manufacture, such as nutritional products and exercise equipment.
- Employee Practices Liability – Coverage against the risks that your facility is accused of sexual harassment, poor practices, discrimination or employee discipline.
- Property Insurance – This will provide coverage for damage to your facility that is due to a covered event, such vandalism, severe weather or fire.
- Equipment Insurance – This may be purchased as a separate policy, which will provide coverage against the breakdown of equipment at your facility.
- Workers Compensation – This will provide coverage for illness or injuries that workers sustain while one the job, as well as a portion of lost wages.
It is important to note that you may require some additional types of coverage included in your gym insurance policy. The coverage that you need will depend on the nature of the services that you provide at your health and fitness center. A knowledgeable agent from Philbin Insurance Group will be happy to work with you in order to help identify all if the risks that you face. Together, you will come up with a fitness insurance plan that is tailored to meet your exact needs and budget.
Do not hesitate for another minute. Every second you go without proper coverage, the risk to you and your gym increases. Act now by clicking on the quote request button to connect with an agent that will help you get the coverage you need right away.
- "I'm very pleased with my policy with Philbin Insurance Group. I recommend you to all my friends and family. I think you're the best auto and home insurance company in today's market. Your agents are personable and professional. Thank you so very much!"
— Kim S., Medford
- "We have been with Philbin for years. The service has always been great! All the agents have been friendly and more importantly competent! We would not change."
— Lori C., Stoneham
- "You are the best! Thanks for all of your team's time in getting me countless quotes. I am confident that I have the right information and therefore am able to make better decisions. I'll be trying the online quotes to try and save even more time!"
— Leo Z., N. Reading
- "I have been a part of the Philbin family for over 10 years and my parents have been with them even longer. Always quick to respond, friendly and you know they will do anything to help you and their agents are so easy to talk to, like talking to a friend."
— Ashley J., Woburn
- "Philbin insurance has helped me & my family with genuine concern for us in our times of needing insurance information & help assessing all of our policies. We live in Weymouth & plan on using Philbin for many years to come. Thank you for your quick & courteous responses over the years."
- "I have done business with Philbin Insurance for many years, and have been completely satisfied with all and every transaction. Thank you."
— Anna R. , Everett
- "I have been a customer of Philbin's for many years and have always found their service to be very professional. When ever I have a question I have always received a prompt answer."
— Tim C., Methuen
- "I have had my car and home insurance with Philbin Insurance for numerous years. Over the years I have had to call on occasion for help with insurance matters and received prompt, courteous and knowledgeable assosiates to assist me, I have recommended your services in the past and will continue to do so. Thanks for the many years of quality service."
— Katherine G., Medford
- "Philbin Insurance is a family run business with whom I've done business with for over 40 years. They have provided me and my family with the most professional interactions, responsive to any inquiries that I may have regarding home and car insurance, and have provided me with the most cost effective insurance policies available. Thanks and kudos to the Philbin family."
— Gus M., Reading
- "I have been a customer of Philbin Insurance Group for many years and have found them to be extremely professional and helpful. My claims have been awarded in a supportive and timely manner. I appreciate their polite and friendly service."
— Mary C., Swampscott
- "I have my insurance with Philbin Insurance Agency and I have to say they are number 1 when it comes to customer service. You always get to speak with your representative, and they always provide you with the answers you need and the best insurance rates to suit your needs. I will always continue to use Philbin Insurance agency and couldn't be happier with my choice. Thank you Philbin."
— Sarah G., Methuen
- "I've been a customer of Philbin Insurance Group since I first moved to Massachusetts four years ago, and I've only had good experiences with their agents. From finding me a better deal to being extremely prompt in helping me take care of issues, their customer service is top-notch."
— Christina V., Saugus
- "Been with you for years. (House & Cars) Love Nancy in the Lynnfield office!"
— Tracy C., Peabody
Contact Us for More Information about our Special Offers!